Help with inserting image or text and converting to CAD

Can anyone assist me with the following? I’m fairly new to CAD.

I would like to insert an image/text/logo pdf file which i know how to do. I then want to use the outline of that image or text or logo to create a CAD drawing. Is there an easy way to extract the outline of the pdf and then use it and edit it the same way as if I created my own cad drawing and make it 3D etc?

Example, a customer of mine sends me a pdf file of their logo. I then want to make a 3D version of this easily. Please help.

Thanks guys.

You can manually trace it in Shapr3D or use something like Linearity to automatically trace it for you. Linearity is only available for Mac or iPad though.

1 Like

Thank you! Unfortunately, I don’t have any apple products. Appreciate your response. I’ll try tracing but struggling with curves and rounded lines. Cheers

You might want to try Inkscape, but I don’t know if it does the tracing for you or if you have to do it manually, which if so, you might as well just do it in Shapr3D. Another option, if you’re only doing it a couple of times and within 30 days…download a 30 day trial of Adobe Illustrator. I know it has the auto-trace feature in it.

Hello,

An option, if the pdf is vectorized, https://visual-integrity.com/product/pdf2cad-annual-subscription/

Works well, and a long time user.

If the image is rastered then tracing is the only way.

Note: Scaling is always needed.