Help with snapping 2 line midpoints on same axis/plane

very simple task: I require the midpoints of at least 2 lines to snap into alignment on the same axis or plane. For some reason, there’s no guides/hints to snap these two midpoints into alignment/centering whilst moving a single line in closer relation to center with the other line. I’ve attached an image to show my snap guide settings. I’ve drawn a vertical line in hopes to get that to snap to one or both of these parallel lines, but even that doesn’t help to produce the hint/alignment action.

It’s funny - and also very annoying - to try and move a line around another line’s midpoint, only for the software to jump/lurch over that intended spot like two magnets resisting each other! Also noticed that with all these lock/snap-to-grid settings on, moving a line results to anywhere BUT the grid lines. I must be doing something incorrectly… or are these glitches?

PNG

EDIT: I tried connecting a small vertical line, and then moving the smaller lower line in hopes of snapping to the end of that vertical line - which would bring the two parallels in center, but that still didn’t work…

IMG_94AEC62858FE-1

Nice to see you back…

Draw your line between the center points of the two horizontal lines. Then select this line and click Horizontal/Vertical. Et voila, as they say in France…

Best,

Tommy

2 Likes

That works. Need to study this constraint more… Thanks for the help

You are most welcome. Good luck with your design.

Best,

Tommy