Hole in curved shape don’t more works

Hello everyone.

I’m trying to make a hole in a cylinder. First I added a paralell plane into a point surface. After I pushed a circle into cylinder( I had make this another time) but only at a especific distance a hole is make, if I comtinues to pushe a circle, Sharpd3D creates another cylinder.

What happens.

Thank you very much.

Are you extruding a projection or is the circle on the plane? I think the cylinder is also shelled (right?).

Try and move your plane (circle that you will extrude) away from the calendar and see if that gets you what you want.

1 Like

Thank you for your reply.

Ok, it works but is more difficult to have control of the hole. For example, if I need to make a hole with 10 mm of deep, I will need to discount the distance between the plane and the surface of cylinder.

Hi,

If you click on the badge next to the extrusion value, you can select what you want to happen.

In your case, select subtract, so it won’t create a new body.

1 Like

Thank you.

I’m on iPad…

A took the same approach in another new bodie and all works ok, as you can see bellow:

I don’t understand what happens with first object….

There is a problem with this object. I tried a boolean operation…

I don’t understand what happens….

I discovered the problem.

All procedure was right, but there was a tangence between the two cylinder in x axis and a cylinder into y axis. I extruded the two cylinder in axis by amount of the radius of the cylinder in y axis and works.