How do I curve text (ARC) on a round surface?

Hello, I am new to Shapr and find it very useful. However, I am not able to figure out how to best create curved text as an arc around the inside circumference of an object. In Adobe Illustrator I am able to create what I need using the Warp->Arc effect, but it does not actually export the curved letters themselves as a DWG. I have tried creating using the text function in Shapr, but this is incredibly tedious.

So, I am wondering if there is a better way to do this? I work between my MAC desktop and iPad. So solutions requiring multiple platforms are welcome.

Thank you.
Regards, Cort

1 Like

In Illustrator try converting text to lines. I use Illustrator much less than Corel Draw so I don’t know it as well. I should hope converting text to lines is in there somewhere.

How Adobe treats text is sometimes counterintuitive. Corel has much better text capabilities IMO.

Corel can set text to circles (inside/outside), curves, waves, envelopes etc.

Thank you. I will give it a go.

Okay, I found a quick way to do this using Adobe Illustrator. The two key points for me were:

1: Use the path tool and have the text go along a circle in the desired radius of what you are trying to achieve

and

2: Save as a DXF instead of DWG. The DXF format seems to be handled much better by the Shapr tool and makes doing changes incredibly easy.

Regards, C