HOW TO CREATE A KAYAK HULL using accurate elevations?

Hi Andrew. If you send me your email. I can flick you some info outlining the Modelling process.
Cheers Aaron
[/quote]

I put together a PDF outlining the details of the build. Just message me your email and I will send it through cheers.

It might be interesting if you could please share this with all, or, perhaps a summary? Inquiring minds, you know!

Best,

Tommy

That is fantastic, thank you so much. Iā€™m not sure how to send you a message privately with my email, but letā€™s see if we can avoid the spam bots with an inline image: x

Of course swap the period and at symbol. Thank you again!

Ok. Will do.

Sure, but cannot attach the PDF to this post. Do you have an email?

If anyone wants a copy of the PDF. Just ask. Cheers.

1 Like

@MASV
If you wish to Attach a PDF to a Post:

Firstly place the Chosen File within the iPad Files.app, noting that it is rather different to using Finder or Explorer and it may be necessary to refer to Appleā€™s Directions on this subject.

1. GoTo the Menu within the Reply Field, at top left, and hit the 7th Icon from the left to Upload
  2. Hit From my Device then hit Choose Files
  3. Chose Browse from the available options
  4. Navigate to the place within Files.app where you stored the File
  5. Select the appropriate File and hit Upload at bottom left
  6. The File chosen will be attached to the Post with a Download button

For personal interest only, absolutely no intention to attempt a build, I would welcome a copy of the 7 Cross Section Profiles/Elevations and the spacing between them.
I appreciate that this may not be possible and would not wish to break any Copyright Regulation(s).

An alternative to the above Post Attachment you could use the Forum Private Message system?

Ok thanks Gelphyn.

Hey, if anyone knows where to get an affordable PDF editor that can compress PDFs that is NOT a SUBSCRIPTION plan on the IPad I would be very happy. I need to upload a PDF here, but it is too big. All the apps I have found are asking a ridiculous annual plan price.

@MASV
Does it have to be PDF? Would a File Zip App help. I have always found both PDF and Zip Software to be problematic unless you pay for what you get. Hopefully someone can recommend a workable solution?
Google Drive offer 15GB Free for Personal Use.
There may be others but all seem to be heading in the direction of collecting funds.
The reality is that ā€˜freeā€™ has to be supported and funded otherwise it is not sustainable.
Just donā€™t kid yourself it is actually free, income will be generated in the process.
When I started using SketchUp it was stated that:

It Is Free and Always Will Be

OK now if you are prepared to use a very clumsy and awkward On-Line version, not a patch on the real thing?
Even the Free Meals dished up by Charities have to be funded it is just that Donors Pay and those who have to stand in the line eat what someone else has willingly paid for.

Thanks. Gelphyn. Happy to pay for an app. I said affordable. Not happy to pay an expensive subscription for a product that does very little and i will only use maybe once a month.

Here is the build for the chainring test model.
Finally found a good PDF compressor. Only one payment of $12. Great value. Just does the job.

Sorry for the wait guys.

Test chainring build Aaron Goodwin.pdf (4.1 MB)

2 Likes

@MASV
Well done for persisting and getting the desired result :+1:

You donā€™t get anywhere in life by giving up. :+1:

2 Likes

Thanks for your efforts. When I click and open the Chainring, there seems to be no way back to this forum, other than shutting all down. Any one have a tiPapa on this?

Thanks,

Tom

Yeah, there are a few bugs in this forum.
I think if you swipe two fingers to the right it brings you back.
Cheers.

Could not make the two finger swipe work for meā€¦ But thanks for trying with the suggestion.

Best,

Tommy

@tommyn
The two finger swipe did not function in my case.
I hit the Download Link, it opened over the top of S3D and after use, from anywhere in the document, hit the < Back to design at top left. Then of course you can navigate from the Design to the Forum:

1 Like

Thanks for the tip.