How to draw lines between planes?

I feel this should be a simple thing but my brain can’t grasp it.

I have two planes and I want to draw a line from one to the other.

1 Like

There is a way !

1 Like

I don’t think it works. The line you connected from the lower hex plane to the triangle only works on the same plane you created at the triangle. Try connecting a line from one of the hex corners to the triangle corner like in the original sketch. It doesn’t work. Sorry.

Hi
Simply add a construction plane through 3 points and select the 3 points you circled in red.
Then double tap on this plane and sketch the lines on it.

2 Likes

@Rohan, your method does work if you take it one more step. Add another plane via 3 points and now you can connect the triangle to a corner of the hex.
@PEC, it’s trickier than you think.

3 Likes

Hi,

sorry for the short answer this morning, I was on the road all day long.
Here are 2 other ways of doing it : 3 points construction plane and using loft tool with a little help from control points.

@TigerMike : the only tricky thing I see for the 3 points plane solution is to ensure the top point is exactly at the 2 lines crossing, which is ensured by slightly moving the point until the 2 lines are bold. Did you think of something different I’m missing?

3 Likes

Nicely done. I was having some problems orienting the 3 points. I found out I needed to move the point around to make sure it connected properly as you show above.

3 Likes

Great work @PEC , we can do it without a plane by rotating the line.

1 Like