How to trim poly 3d line? (Shapr 3d for iPad)

Hello!
Can’t understand the way I can trim a poly 3d line, despite the fact that they cross each other, and are on the same construction plane.
In this video I show what I mean.

The only way I find is to project all lines on the same plane, delete original lines and then trim the projected lines. But it seems too difficult to do it every time…

Because you are on same plane, but not on same construction plane.
If you want to draw later on same construction plane at, first select one of sketch on it, then draw…

1 Like

Thank you for your answer.

Not shure I understand what should I exactly do. If I select sketch then construction plane would be selected automatically, but I need to create new plane, based on existed lines, but not the same where they were created, create new line in new plane and then trim new line and existed line by each other.

You can not trim your sketches if they in 3d .
But you can use the purple dots (intersection points of planes and lines) to draw in “3d”, threfore not necessary to cut theese lines.

Ok. This two lines are created in different planes. How to draw the line connecting their endings (to make triangle)?

I watched this guide-video searching for answer "how to use purple dots"s

So I create 3-dots plane, where 2 dots was snaped to the endings of this lines, and the third one was random.

Hooray) Finaly I saw this purple dots and create a connecting line!

Did I understand correctly the method you suggest?
If yes, thank you! It looks much faster than creating projections.

But the fact that I can’t operate two lines in one plane deprives of many features. For example to round the corners between this lines.

Actually the need to make a model of this curved clamp discovered this question for me…

And I’m absolutely newbie to this program, the only method I came up with is to draw a 3d line and sweep the profile through it. On this step I meet my problem) May be there is more advanced way to do it?

There are other ways to create the curved clamp.

5 Likes

@TigerMike, you make the best videos! You are a Legend!

1 Like

As Mike suggested for your wire woorks the best to use body edges for the sweep.

1 Like