How to hold view in place. Views snap back to orthogonal

Often when I rotate a view, it will not hold - it snaps back to an orthogonal view (front, back, left, right, etc.) Sometimes it holds the angled view that i set. It does this whether I am using one-finger or two-finger rotation. Anyone know the secret to getting a view to hold in place? Thanks!

Hi, to help us better understand how the snapping back to orthogonal views happens, please can you make and post a short screen recording showing this?

Hi @bct099 Welcome to the Forum :sunglasses:
I have similar problems so it would seem to be ‘built in’. Not calling it a secret but if you tap on the Navigation Cube to get the ‘standard’ view. Then move it with a Finger [or two] and probably get it to stay put, where as previously it would jump back.

Happy S3Ding :sunglasses:

1 Like

This might be the issue. I have a similar issue. For me if I don’t rotate the object enough then it will snap back to the Orthogonal view. If I rotate my onject a little further then it does hold new position. It is tough if you only want to percisely rotate your object a tiny bit. Maybe this can be fixed in a later update.