Improvements

Hi there!

I’m currently trying to learn Shapr3D, having used Google Sketchup for a few years, and I think it’s a great program.
While I do really like Shapr3D, there are a few things that I miss from Sketchup:

• A place to download larger parts such as pallets, racks, and other similar items (something like a larger and better mcmaster).
  • The ability to change all parts in a group in the same way. It would be great to be able to click on one part and change them all together (not just color and scale).
  • Moving parts is easier in Google Sketchup, as you can simply select where you want to grab the part, drag it to an edge, center, or specific distance (and then copy it a desired number of times).
  • As someone who does a lot of laser cutting, it would be incredibly helpful to have a tool that flattens a part (so I can export a dxf).

Thanks for your time and help.

Best regards, Magnus.

1 Like

Hi Magnus. Similarly, it would be great if we could make items and upload them to a Shapr3D area so others could share them. That could be a real winner for Shapr.

Hi Stephen, I agree, that would be wonderful!

Have you tried GrabCAD.com?

Have you tried the Translate tool and the Align tool?

1 Like

While GrabCAD appears to be a useful platform, I am uncertain whether my employer would approve of me downloading from this website.

I have to look in to this.

I have to apologize for my lack of knowledge. The Translate tool is a great feature. In fact, it appears to be almost as good/easy as the GS tool. :slight_smile:

Thank you!

rån: Istvan Csanady via Shapr3D Community notifications@shapr3d.discoursemail.com

Traceparts.com is another alternative.

2 Likes