Shapr3D "Components"?

I’m just starting with Shapr3D and am trying to decide if I should upgrade to the Pro version. One question I have is: Does Shapr3D have objects similar to Sketchup “Components”?

As a long time user of SketchUp (several hundred hours screen time) I found SketchUp “Components”. These Component objects are VERY useful when working with complex models.

I looked but could not find a similar concept in Shapr3D. Does Shapr3D have something similar to “Components”? If so, what is it called? Please point me to a reference (video, docs, etc) so that I can study up on them.

Thanks and regards,

Dan.

p.s. Yes, I can use SketchUp on my workstation. But it’s much nicer to sit on the couch with my iPad Pro and let creativity flow. I.e. brain --> pencil --> iPad model.

Not yet. But this is going to be shipped in 2017. Stay tuned.

Until then, you can export your “components” to .shapr format, and import them whenever you need them.

@Istvan_CEO_Shapr3D Hi, was this feature ever shipped? I’m a new user, and being able to create reusable components that reflect changes across all their instances is a key part of my workflow in other modeling programs. I can’t for the life of me figure out how to do it in Shapr3D, and this post is about the only thing I can find about it. Was the feature abandoned?

Hi,

No, not yet. We did the Parasolid transition by the time, that took much more time and effort than we expected. It’s still something that we find important, but it’s unlikely that we could ship it this year.

OK, thanks for the reply! I would definitely welcome the feature :slight_smile:

1 Like

So when creating model with discrete complex components, is there some alternative…? “Layers” maybe? Just want to make sure I’m understanding correctly. Thanks.