Inconsistent draft operation

Hi, noob here… I’m having trouble creating my desired draft angle for items extruded from splines. I can do the extrusion just fine whatever the shape, but the draft angles it lets me choose seem to vary from one item to the next. I can always create a draft angle that starts with the outline shape and gets bigger, but not the other way, where I’m trying to angle it down to a V-shape, say. Sometimes I can make the angle 5 or 10 degrees, but no more, sometimes it excludes lower angles but lets me create higher draft angles. It’s somewhat random and seems to vary depending on the size of the object. In other words, if I make the item larger in X-Y but keep the same extruded distance, I can give it a larger draft angle. I don’t see the problem for simple shapes like rectangles and circles; I can give those any draft angle I want.

Any ideas?

Edit: It behaves the same on MacOS and iOS.

Cheers,
Tom

Hello,
The inward draft possibly fails because the geometry would be self-intersecting over a certain angle. This can happen mainly along tightly curved sections.

If you have some time, just give it a try: as you make the curvature of the spline bigger, the allowed draft angle will also increase (or decrease if it is negative)

Thanks, Peter. Yes, that’s exactly the behavior I’m seeing. I appreciate the explanation.

Cheers,
Tom