IPencil fundementals on Ipad when drawing rectangles

I hope I am in the right forum for this. I am new to Shapr3D and I use an Ipad (3 Gen) and a Ipencil 2. I can’t help but feel that I am missing some fundamentals of using the Pencil. My example is when I am sketching a large Rectangle (diagonal) and I need to pan out to move over on my workspace it automatically stops the “rectangle process” and I am left to stretch out the lines. When I watch videos and when I use a mouse I can do it much more easily. Is there a way to zoom out move and then zoom back in when using the pencil without getting out of the “rectangle creating mode”. Sorry if my syntax here is a bit goofy but as I say I am new to this.

You should be able to do that, but you need both hands. You can zoom with your fingers while in the rectangle tool, just do not lift the Pencil from the screen.

Thanks Peter. Good to know I am not missing some basic aspect of navigation. To be honest I am not finding the pencil near as nice as I thought it would be. Things like this seem to make it less user friendly so I might end up going back to a mouse/track pad. The problem with the mouse seems to be no matter what type I get or what surface I put it on it is not a consistently smooth action and jumps or skips at the least convenient time. Thanks again. Cheers John

I personally much prefer the pencil. It was just a matter of getting used to working with both hands.

Thanks Stephen, I will focus on practicing using two hands to see if I can get more proficient with it. At least knowing how it is to be done helps. Cheers John