iPhone Support?

why is there no iphone app? I have an iphone 12 pro max that I would love to use to design, like I did when I was using the Umake app on the app store. It’s a very similar app to Shapr3D only thing is I haven’t had luck printing exported models from Umake which is the only reason I switched to the app, now I find myself thinking that I should switch back and invest in an app that clearly understands the need for universal compatibility/accessibility to apps like these. The new iPhones are elegant powerhouses, it seems like a still distant dream to find an app that suits my needs exactly. I’m an entrepreneur not a hobbyist so this sort of thing is very important to me and I’d like know whether or not this is something the development team at Shapr3D is considering doing because I truly want seamless integration between the devices I work from. Being able to 3D model from my ipad isn’t that cool if i’m not really able to make THE most out of it.

Hi @phosforia, unfortunately we will never have an iPhone editor, as the iPhone does not support Apple Pencil and has a small screen to which our UI would not fit. However we will most likely have a viewer only application for the iPhone in the future. If you are looking for an 3D modeler for iPhone, Shapr3D is not the right choice indeed.

1 Like

Looks like they heard you!

It’s on the internet so it must be true! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

How can a website called MacRUMORS be inaccurate??!?!

:joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Never liked foldable phones idea
They seems unreliable :grimacing:
at least if they gonna make a tucked device
Rolling is a good idea :+1:

2 Likes

Yes I think you’re right. Anyone buying that would be a guinea pig.

2 Likes

After all the issues Samsung had with their foldable, I wouldn’t touch one with a 10-foot stylus.

1 Like

Any update on a pure/simple viewer for iPhone?

I have a 13Pro and I’m also a pro subscriber with shapr360. —- would occasionally like to review and show designs from my iPhone

Also a great way to ‘show’ shapr360 to new users (by my using it and showing off the UI while showing a design). Taking screen shots also would be much more accessible on the fly…my iPhone is with me pretty much 365x24x7 whereas My iPad doesn’t fit in my pocket :blush:

Jim

1 Like

Hi @JAM , adding an iPhone viewer is not on our short term roadmap. I’d see a ton of value in it for sure, but we have other priorities right now.

Ps.: shapr360 - very interesting… sounds like a real fusion of different products? :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

I would write it for you :slight_smile:

We are hiring :slight_smile: Careers | Shapr3D

. :slight_smile: .

Are any of these tables easy to convert to STL type data or some other standard 3D format? I guess one super easy way to support iOS rendering is on export of *.shapr file always include a USDZ in the output. Then the iOS viewer could just view the USDZ data (except the viewer may want to hide/unide layers?)

unzip drawing.shapr
sqlite3 workspace

sqlite> .schema
CREATE TABLE Folders(FolderID BLOB NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY, FolderName BLOB, Hidden BOOL, FolderElements BLOB);
CREATE TABLE Shapes(ShapeID BLOB NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY, ShapeData BLOB, Hidden BOOL, ShapeName BLOB);
CREATE TABLE SketchControllers(SketchID BLOB NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY, Name BLOB, IsHidden BOOL, OrderInList INT, PlaneCenterX DOUBLE, PlaneCenterY DOUBLE, PlaneCenterZ DOUBLE, PlaneNormX DOUBLE, PlaneNormY DOUBLE, PlaneNormZ DOUBLE, PlaneUDirX DOUBLE, PlaneUDirY DOUBLE, PlaneUDirZ DOUBLE);
CREATE TABLE ConstraintPointProperties(SketchID BLOB REFERENCES SketchControllers(SketchID) ON DELETE CASCADE, Data BLOB);
CREATE TABLE SketchCurves(CurveID BLOB NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY, SketchID BLOB NOT NULL REFERENCES SketchControllers(SketchID) ON DELETE CASCADE, Data BLOB);
CREATE TABLE SketchCurveProperties(SketchID BLOB NOT NULL REFERENCES SketchControllers(SketchID) ON DELETE CASCADE, Data BLOB);
CREATE TABLE Constraints(ConstraintID BLOB NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY, SketchID BLOB NOT NULL REFERENCES SketchControllers(SketchID) ON DELETE CASCADE, Data BLOB);
CREATE TABLE ConstraintVisualMementos(ConstraintID BLOB NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY,SketchID BLOB NOT NULL REFERENCES SketchControllers(SketchID) ON DELETE CASCADE,Data BLOB);
CREATE TABLE ConstructionGeometryLines(GeometryID BLOB NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY, Name BLOB,IsHidden BOOL,StartXPosition DOUBLE, StartYPosition DOUBLE, StartZPosition DOUBLE, VectorX DOUBLE, VectorY DOUBLE, VectorZ DOUBLE, OrderInList INT);
CREATE TABLE ConstructionGeometryPlanes(GeometryID BLOB NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY, Name BLOB,IsHidden BOOL,CenterXPosition DOUBLE, CenterYPosition DOUBLE, CenterZPosition DOUBLE, NormalXValue DOUBLE, NormalYValue DOUBLE, NormalZValue DOUBLE, Size DOUBLE, OrderInList INT, ReferenceXValue DOUBLE, ReferenceYValue DOUBLE, ReferenceZValue DOUBLE);
CREATE TABLE Images(ImageID BLOB NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY, ImageData BLOB);
CREATE TABLE ImageShapes(ShapeID BLOB NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY, ShapeData BLOB, ImageShapeName BLOB, OrderInList INT, ImageID BLOB REFERENCES Images(ImageID) ON DELETE CASCADE);
CREATE TABLE Settings(SettingName BLOB NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY, SettingValue BLOB);
CREATE TABLE Symbols(SymbolID BLOB NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY, SketchID BLOB NOT NULL REFERENCES SketchControllers(SketchID) ON DELETE CASCADE, Data BLOB);
CREATE TABLE Drawings(DrawingID BLOB NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY, Title VARCHAR, LastOpened DOUBLE, LastChanged DOUBLE, ResourceID VARCHAR);
CREATE TABLE DrawingViewToBodyAssociations(  DrawingID BLOB NOT NULL,  ViewID INT NOT NULL,  BodyID BLOB NOT NULL,  DrawingBodyID INT NOT NULL,  IsOutdated BOOL,  PRIMARY KEY (DrawingID, ViewID, BodyID));
CREATE TABLE MaterialInstances(InstanceID   BIGINT NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY,DefinitionID BIGINT NOT NULL,Properties   BLOB);
CREATE TABLE IsolatedElements(Type INT,ItemID BLOB NOT NULL,PRIMARY KEY (Type, ItemID));
CREATE TABLE VisualEnvironmentInstances(InstanceID   BIGINT NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY,DefinitionID BIGINT NOT NULL,Properties   BLOB);
CREATE TABLE ConstructionSketches(SketchID BLOB NOT NULL REFERENCES SketchControllers(SketchID) ON DELETE CASCADE, ConstructionCurves BLOB);

I think 3D is a 360 degree experience :slight_smile:

USD is the way that my day job company is building Omniverse around (NVIDIA) and it is an Apple friendly format as well. USD is the universal screen descriptor ‘ground truth’ for 3D tools to interface to that Pixar created. An iPhone App that took Shapr USDZ data output directly might be the path?