iOS Companion App

I would love to see Shapr3D come out with an iOS companion app.

It’s obviously a really low profile type thing but would be nice to be able to manage my cloud saved items from my phone or share a link to a web viewer of a model.

Brainstorming some other ideas. It could be cool to use as a second screen for the ipad/mac. Use it for macros or quick access keys. Maybe have the file list hidden from the main application on iPad and have it displayed on the iOS app for easier access and more screen real estate on the iPad.

The whole things scaled down to iOS level would be cool to but obviously that will never happen haha

1 Like

Hi @whatthefilament , we contemplated with this idea in the past, as a matter of fact we even built some prototypes, but we never prioritized it eventually. The use cases are not entirely clear, and the cost of building and maintaining another native app is rather significant. From what we hear from our customers is that the Webviewer covers most mobile use cases, and it works on iOS and Android too.

Fair enough, i completely get that extra development and maintenance cost added is significant and Shapr3d is already really fairly priced compared to the rest of the CAD market.

Maybe one day you could add an additional subscription tier to add niche features like this to cover the cost?

I understand webviewer works on any web browser. It wasnt so much that as it was having a sort of user portal that i could use to access/manage my synced designs. Currently I have to export my designs and save them in icloud or google drive if i want to access them when im away from either my ipad or desktop. Would be nice to be able to log into either a web portal or ios app that would let me access my files/designs.

1 Like

That’s frequently requested, and we’ll solve this with a web based solution eventually :slight_smile: Stay tuned!

2 Likes

That’s fantastic news!