Is there a way to bend writing?

Typing something and extruding it is easy enough, but is there a comfortable way to bend the writing afterwards? Best would be not to impact the shape of the letters themselves, but simply change their angle and postition (height) based on a sort of focal point.

1 Like

There’s no tool in Shapr3D to apply text to a curve.
You would have to adjust each character manually.

Unless of course you have software to create text on a curve and export as a .dwg or .dxf file and then you could import this and extrude it or project it.

1 Like

I exported it and did it in inkscape as you suggested. However, Shapr3d fails to import the dxf correctly as it seems. The shape is there, all lines seem to be linked, but it looks as if shapr does not recognize it as closed surfaces ready to extrude. The writing I added can be extruded. The rest that I exportet into inscape and back into shapr however, now appears to be useless lines.

1 Like

I tried to only reimport the writing, however position and size do not match and it’s close to impossible to edit it in shapr, as it takes ages. Seems shapr is a bit weak on taking advantage of more than 1 cpu core on pc.

1 Like

Hm, resizing failes entirely on first try. On second try it works but after that, the surfaces cant be selected for extruding anymore either :sweat_smile: Not that it matters, as it would be impossible to merge with the object anyway under those circumstances.

1 Like