Is there any Annotate tool?

Hello there,

I just start to use Shapr3D and It’s amazing tool.
Unbelievable how many things can be done so easily.

But to my question. Is there any annotate tool similar to one from Blender? Some kind of marker I can use to sketch quickly some lines just for reference?
Or if it’s planned to be in future?

Thank you

Hi @Foolscreen, I’m really happy to hear that :slight_smile:

We din’t have an annotate tool, but have you tried creating a dimensioned drawing?

Continuing the discussion from Is there any Annotate tool?:

Thanks for fast response.
This feature is pretty nice, sadly I don’t have business subscription, jet.
And it is also something else that what I mean.
This is final technical sketch, but I meant something like quick drawing like marker into model to do some lines which I can lately use like references for precise work.

Something like this:

Why not use the Image Capture feature, then capture the image you want, then draw on that image using the iPad markup function?

3 Likes

Thank You for an idea.
This is how I made those two pictures.
It is good way. But This isn’t use of that tool.
Maybe I am explaining it poorly.

There I found some video, which explains it better way. I did not watch it till the end, but I think it shows what it does.

Maybe it is useless here in Shapr3D, I just use it a lot in Blender so that’s why I’m asking.

The video explains your desire well.

1 Like

:slightly_smiling_face: thanks, and do You think it’s useful here in Shapr3D?
I think I will find use for that.
Maybe I can use spline for that or something.

I have really been enjoying the application. As someone that has never used CAD software before this year, to now being able to create a 3D model of an entire home, it has been very fun.

Is there any interest in adding an annotation feature to the roadmap? Being able to mark up images the page with scribbles and ideas would be incredibly helpful for outlining ideas for the model. I have been capturing images and using the markup tool on the iPad but it is clunky. Having native markups would really improve the workflows.

Hi @jspowers , really great to hear that you like Shapr3D. Have you tried the Drawings feature?

I’m constantly blown away by your responsiveness in these forums.

I have tried the drawing feature and it has been useful for some projects but it doesn’t really work for brainstorming…

Even here I had to export the drawing and use the iPad markup tool outside of shapr. Being able to natively markup the model on a “markup plane” or even having a markup option on within the drawing feature would be huge!

1 Like

We don’t plan to add a built in markup tool to Drawings, but we do plan to add more annotation features. Would that work?

2 Likes

Definitely, looking forward to what y’all have coming down the pipeline. Thanks!

1 Like

Something as simple as text annotation for the model is really needed for our workflow. We don’t use drawings that much because they have limited use in our business (it is the way).

But we desperately need annotation in the model view — even if it is something along the lines of an annotation plane.

New user here and just subscribed to pro. Found this thread as I’m trying to add some annotation on my draft. I’m certain that my workflow would be benefited if there’s any annotation tool available in the model view, or even better on the sketches.

1 Like