Dimensioned drawings

UPDATE: drawings are finally here: 4.0 - 2D drawings + new pricing

Is there a way, either natively of by using a 3rd party app, to convert Shapr3d drawings to dimensioned diagrams? Thinking much like old hand drawn blueprint style drawings here

I have been looking for a solution for this also. Am building a fairly simple Accessory Dwelling Unit in California. The S3D sketches are OK but there is no way to annotate the types of call outs required by the building bureaucracy. I tried annotating screen shots but this is too tedious in that one has to effectively start over for any changes. Export as pdf might solve the problem but I am not sure?

I will probably use ArcSite arcsiteapp.com to prepare drawings for my ADU project using the Free Trial and a month or so of subscription. I wish that Shapr3D could do the whole job. It would make it more valuable to a wider audience.

Best,

Tommy

7C72EA3F-CC07-4FD7-8575-D6E93DDC2669A7C802B7-5F6B-406F-A248-970F785DF47B

1 Like

Thanks for the note Thomas. I have to say I was a bit surprised that a prototyping company I am in contact with WOULDN’T accept 3D CAD files: the first one I have come across.

For a quote for one design I have done in S3D and from one company may be okay to annotate manually as you do, but I can imagine in the world of building design it would become tedious!

I’ll continue to search and if I come across something I will pass it along in the forum.

Thanks again
Wayne Crolley

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:

The contents of this email message and any attachments are intended solely for the addressee(s) and may contain confidential and/or privileged information and may be legally protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient of this message or their agent, or if this message has been addressed to you in error, please immediately alert the sender by reply email and then delete this message and any attachments. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, copying, or storage of this message or its attachments is strictly prohibited.

Graphics by Indeeo both iOS and OSX will take a drawing and allow you to create dimensional drawings from an imported photo
So what we do is take a screenshot through Shapr bring it in to Graphic then scale it to the correct dimension
From there it’s a matter of drawing the lines I Graphic
Graphic will show the deminsion of the line ad give you a lot of options as far as how you want the lines to show dimensions and labels/placement
Hope that helps :blush:

That is a great suggestion. Thanks!

Wayne!
Happy to help
It is a bit of extra work but you are able to get pretty actuate and reputable results with it :blush:
We use Graphic as one of our primary graphic apps so using it in conjunction with Shapr was a pretty seamless workflow

Thanks Wayne for asking!

We’ve opened a new topic to gather insights/requirements for an upcoming dimensioned drawing feature:

https://discourse.shapr3d.com/t/dimensioned-drawings-tell-us-how-you-need-it/

Peter at Shapr3D

UPDATE: drawings are finally here: 4.0 - 2D drawings + new pricing