Keypad to accept decimal and architectural input

I work with decimal and architectural format when inputting dimensions in the same design. I like the keypad can do math for me but it would really help if I could enter in either decimal or architectural and have shapr3d convert to the desired output format whether it be decimal or architectural.

My main request after the rambling is to have the key pad accept a decimal or feet/in.

Thank you for any consideration given.

The problem that this feature will solve:

Consider adding screenshots and as many details as possible, to help the Shapr3D team and the community understand why you need this feature. Describing your workflow helps us building the right feature.

Brief description of the outcomes that you expect from this feature:

Eg. “this feature should allow me to edit and create constrained assemblies with 100 000+ parts” or “using this feature I should be able to create G2 continuous lofts and manipulate the shape real time” or “with this feature I want to be able to quickly find a part in my designs by searching for its name”.
Understanding the outcomes that you expect from this feature helps us more than describing an actual implementation of the feature that you’d expect.

What can’t you achieve without this feature?

Is this a workflow blocker for you? Is this why you can’t use Shapr3D for work? Is this slowing you down?

I sometimes need to use imperial measurements for work. So two inches is actually one and a half, but could be one and five eights, depending on where you get your lumber from.

I agree, it would be useful to be able to switch easily between fractional and decimal, and it would be equally useful to be able to switch between metric and inch by using ‘ “ or mm after a numeric value, something which has been available in other programs forever.

Americans are sometimes stumped when I ask them for the definition of an inch, and are genuinely surprised when I tell them that it’s 25.4mm