Lag between operations

Hello!,

So recently i updated my ipad to the latest os, then also got the latest shapr updates. i was 2 behind. since then all my operations lag for a few seconds.

So moving a sketch will lock and do the spinning wheel stopping me from working, similar to if i did a complex operation on a heavy mesh only this can be on the simplest of meshes or having none in scene. So subtract, intersect, move rotate, scale you name it etc.

Is this a known issue?.

i have a 2019 ipad pro latest OS + latest Shapr3d updates.

1 Like

Hello Mark,

We managed to fix some performance issues. The improvements will be added in 5.20. :wink:

2 Likes

Same issue here. 2021 iPad Pro 12.9. Before updating to latest iOS and Shapr3D, all operations(complex or not) were lightning fast. After updating to latest iOS performance was still great. After updating to latest Shapr3D performance tanked. Simplest operation induces the spinning wheel.

I use Shapr3D for my work and the amount of lags, delays, crashes, sudden flicks and other bugs makes this software painful to use when working longer sessions. Here is a video of me using shapr3d for 10 minutes to show you what I am talking about: Shapr3D lag, flicks and other defects making the software unusable - YouTube

Edit: This is on the latest version of Shapr3d (5.40.0) on a machine powerful enough to handle most professional workloads (Macbook Air M1 with 16GB RAM).

Edit 2: After debugging with Istvan, it might seem to be related with using an external monitor. Will check out using the built-in screen.

Thanks to the team for the quick response and serious approach to the user problems.

Hey, although I haven’t had yet the chance to check the video (it’s still processing), we hear you. We are in the middle of a major “quality improvement” project, that is focusing on these glitches, hangs, bugs etc. You should see rapid improvements with these issues in the next few months. And thanks for the video.

Just finished the video. Quite embarrassing. Do you experience these issues if you hide or delete all the sketches? I mean the camera glitches and the freezes.

Also, can you please share the design with us in .shapr format? That would help us a ton fixing the issue.

Hi Istvan,

I appreciate your reaction. The issues still happen when I try to hide the sketches. I could send you the design file. Do you have an e-mail address I can send it to?

You can always reach out to me directly istvan@shapr3d.com or to our support@shapr3d.com team. Feel free to send it to me.

2 Likes

Thanks, I sent the shapr file to your e-mail directly.

Apparently the issue is due to using an external monitor on certain devices. Apologies for the inconvenience, we will fix this as soon as we can, unless it’s an OS bug.