Layers on the bottom of screen, left site (or custom corner)

***Please put layers back on the bottom of screen, or in a custom positioning toolbox feature

The problem that this feature will solve:
Too long to access on the top.

Brief description of the outcomes that you expect from this feature:
Faster access to layers using thumb and apple pencil.

What can’t you achieve without this feature?
Faster interface

Is this a workflow blocker for you? Is this why you can’t use Shapr3D for work? Is this slowing you down?
Layers on the top are slowing workflow, in my case. Best way is to do a custom positioning toolbox

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback! Full customization is on our longer-term roadmap, but until then, just a few questions to better understand the problem:

• Which hand do you hold your pencil in?
  • Do you use the left or the right layout in Shapr3D?
  • What size iPad are you working on?
  • Do you primarily use the pencil or your thumb to open the items menu?
  • You said both is a challenge, but could you stack-rank which one is more difficult for you in the new layout, accessing it with the pencil or your thumb?

Peter, hi.

Which hand do you hold your pencil in?
Right hand holding Apple pencil.

Do you use the left or the right layout in Shapr3D?
All tools on the left side of Shapr3D

What size iPad are you working on?
Apple Ipad Pro 12.9

Do you primarily use the pencil or your thumb to open the items menu?

To open items menu, before, thumb. Now, in the new interface, pencil.
To navigate, before and now in the new layout, thumb to lower part of the menu, Pencil for upper part.

You said both is a challenge, but could you stack-rank which one is more difficult for you in the new layout, accessing it with the pencil or your thumb?

Thumb access is terrible now because I normally work holding the ipad, not on a table,

So, if remains on the top of screen, I will almost all the time try to tap with the pencil. Sometimes, with thumb.

That’s for the items menu.

For the UNDO, the new interface is even worse. In many times that I tried to access with thumb, I touched the the Ipad split screen. Is not near easy as was before to access undo and layers/items

Best

M

1 Like

Thanks for the info, this helps. We are already testing multiple different prototypes that would fix this issue.

One final clarifying question: when you hold the iPad (as you said you usually do), where do you hold your left hand? Is it near the bottom corner of the tablet, in the middle, or somewhere else?

Hi Peter. Left hand always on the bottom corner of the tablet, left side, in my case, to hold the iPad.

Best, M

1 Like