Line crossings

When drawing crossing lines I expect to see a selectable point at the intersection. There isn’t’t one. Why?

Hi Serge,

Point objects like endpoints are specific elements. An intersection of two sketch elements does not create a point object by itself, but you can always snap to the intersection as Shapr3D recognizes it as an Intersection.

Is there a specific use case you’d use a point object in the location of an intersection?

Sorry, I replied to the wrong e-mai
Here again…

I don’t know of any software that allows you to drag an object like that and auto-magically snap to it. You typically have to select a point on the line you’re moving and snap it to the intersection. For example, in AutoCAD, click on the line, type “M” for move, right-click on the line and select “Nearest” as your snap point, click on the line you want to move at the point you want to move it, and then drag it to the intersection.

In Shapr3D, on the line you have selected and are dragging, the intersection will auto-magically snap to the endpoints or the midpoint (the purple dot you see at the center of the line) of the line you are dragging. Then you can move the line horizontally to align it to whatever you are trying to align it to.

Yes, as the centre of a circle.

Aha! Very informative!

Thanks a lot,

Serge