I realize that proper assembly support is a big undertaking, but would it be possible to start of by “simply” be able to import linked projects?
It’s already possible to import projects today. The models are imported with all the sketches and history. But imagine if there was an “Import linked project” feature, which would import the model without a flattened history, basically like if it was an imported stl or step file. But with the huge difference is that it would automatically be updated whenever the imported project changes.
This would make much easier to split work into multiple projects, but still have an “assembly” project allowing your to assemble/arange the parts for presentation/visualization purposes. Or simply just to get a better overview.
Like a write in the title, I think “Assemblies light” or “Linked imported projects” would probably be the best way to summarize it. “Linked projects” because it would basically behave like linked projected edges in sketches.
I would love this!