Lock object to home coordinates

Please follow the format below for requesting a feature.

The problem that this feature will solve:

After having moved/manipulated an object’s body, I often find myself struggling wanting to create new sketches and have them centered, but after multiple sketches and operations, I will struggle to find the center point on a body. The sketches then can get skewed, causing things like a circle to get out of shape or create odd features that create bugs in the body down the line. I would be nice if I could grab a body and “align” or home it to the home of the x/y/z access so when i start a sketch i have a reliable center reference point.

Consider adding screenshots and as many details as possible, to help the Shapr3D team and the community understand why you need this feature. Describing your workflow helps us building the right feature.

Brief description of the outcomes that you expect from this feature:

The outcome would make reworking an object or body easier down the line after the initial sketch and body was created or if the old sketch was deleted. If i knew that the sketch was started based at that home point I could start a new sketch from there without worry.

What can’t you achieve without this feature?

I find myself often reworking bodies and getting these weird micro walls and edges from being slightly off center with a new sketch. Using offset edge to create a loop or wall sketch from the body has been my main work around for the time being but that is only reliable from the original body. Once the body is out of square offset edge compounds the issues.

Is this a workflow blocker for you? Is this why you can’t use Shapr3D for work? Is this slowing you down?

It’s not a blocker but becomes an issue when working on multiple objects in the same design file. I like being able to visualize the component fitment in a single file and not having file linking means i often work on many parts in a single file.