Lost Sketches & Bodies

Every now and then, in the process of doing something, I totally loose the Item on the page. Sometimes I can row around and find it. Twice I had to cancel the the project and start over. Is there a command to find an object that goes out of view? I could send you a picture, but it would be of a blank page. The sketches and bodies are somewhere lost in the universe. :slight_smile:

Hi Chewy,
You can double click on the X-Y-Z cube to see everything that is not hidden.

1 Like

I will give it a try the next time I loose something. Thanks

Another option looking for a specific item can be the Items Manager where you also have to option to zoom to a specific item:

1 Like

Happened to me too. I used the same sketch to make 2 parts. The first part disappeared on me after I hid it using the “items manager” to make the second part. I suspect it had to do with using the same elements of the sketch to make multiple parts?

I suspect it had to do with using the same elements of the sketch to make multiple parts?

Not really, no, it should be perfectly possible to create multiple bodies/parts from the same sketch. If you manage to pinpoint the exact scenario where it happens please share it with us, it’d be useful to check out if there’s a bug there.

1 Like