Make a hole xx mm from the edge?

Hi, i am a newbie to this program, but i have managed to make a test box, but if i want to place a 5mm hole (the edge of the hole) 10mm from the bottom and 3mm from the right side, how do i find these points?
are there any video that shows this?

It’s a bit hard what in your mind is about your design, it’d be better if you could show a picture or schematic of your design but yes there are many useful tutorials on this topic.

I want to place holes like this, but If i could place a ruler under the part and place 0 under the edge, then i could see where to place the hole :wink:

example

Hey! It’s super easy! See the vid below, I’ve shown the way for 10 mm as an example for you:

Hi, thanks, but the video is 90 degrees and goes to fast. i dont get the same in menu as you.

i draw a square, then i draw a circle and change the diameter to 10mm, then i move the circle into the box, but i dont get the options to set the distance from the edge

You may want to read the “point-line distance” part here: https://support.shapr3d.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001416214-Constraints

Let me know if this helped.

1 Like

Sorry, I was out and not available.

You should turn on options of guides panel my friend, look at below:

Set those as they’re in the pic above.

Hi -

1. Select the center point and select the line - a dimension will pop up.
  2. Set it to your desired length.
  3. Repeat with the perpendicular side as well.

Hope it helps

2 Likes

Hi Daniel,

This method shown by you, is very fantastic but ruins some of the design; see below:

But not when you draw a line through the center as shown below:

Best

1 Like

It ruins the design in that specific case you show- in general my advice is the less sketch the better modeling experience :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sure, I just wanted to recall that the design might change without user’s understanding, etc.

Best

2 Likes

hmm, does this work?
i found out of it… thanks :slight_smile:

You don’t need to draw that line (just select both the center point and the line), but yes this is definitely a solution :slight_smile:

1 Like