Many critical features needed for shop drawings

The problem that this feature will solve:
This is a nice conceptual design tool for simple designs but is unusable for the creation of
Part shop drawings. This is unfortunate as it takes me 2 to 4 times longer to create shop drawings that clearly communicate the manufacturing of pats and features.

Key Enhaements
Provide the ability to create freeform lines, circles, & basic shapes, with the ability to trim, corner, and chamfer.

the 2d drawing elements don’t need to be associative to the 3D geometry.

I would recommend starting with the simple items above and display these 2d drawing items in a different color that the associative elements for on screen visualization. When the drawing is printed the user should be able to have the drawing print with the same colors / types as associated.

Without these features, Shapr3D is not usable in my business for shop drawings.

Is this a workflow blocker for you? Yes
Is this why you can’t use Shapr3D for work? Yes Shapr3D can Not be used for production work
Is this slowing you down?
Yes. I need to export Shapr3D models to Autocad to create shop drawings… this takes away the benefit of using Shapr3D.

@ShopRat

Hello, thanks for the feedback!

Could you please explain, for what exactly you would need freeform lines and basic shapes in a drawing? If not confidential, can you also share a couple of such sample drawings here?

Regards,

Peter

The freeform 2d construction lines are for illustration of the mfg process.
As an example: simple clamping instructions, line and feature annotations in isometric views, part / feature manufacturing process planning documents that represent tooling and machine setup instructions. The above is much quicker to represent in 2d than creating 3d parts.

Currently we are limited to creating geometry to annotate center lines and geometry construction is not allowed in isometric views.

Many time you want to create extension lines, reference points, tooling points, or just quick sketches…

This is a simple example of a turned part setup and instruction. https://images.app.goo.gl/ZDEAgu1hiLHTr5so7
This is not my work but it is representative.

Notice the simple semi circle arrows and annotation.
Notice the ability to put text at multiple angles.
Notice the cooling fluid nozzle how simple the design shapes are and the ability to create lines freeform.
If you enable the ability to create points, lines, circles, with and without arrows, & text that can be placed at angles, it would satisfy this example.

Thank you for your consideration.