Hey folks, I need help here.
- I’m making a part that mates to an imported scanned mesh.
- the surface opposite the mating surface to the scan is planar.
- each surface has a different shape.
- green is scanned mesh.
- gray part is mated part from projection.
- light blue us the planar face.
What I can’t figure out:
- how to transition between mated surface to planar surface.
What I’ve done:
- projected the shape of the mating surface. Extruded the new shape. This gave me a mated surface that is offset with uniform thickness.
What I thought I could do but doesn’t work;
- Project profile shape which would create a face geometry. Duplicate this face and move it outward to a given thickness offset. Then create the smaller planar face shape. This would give me three faces (2 complex curve, 1 planar) that I can loft.
Thanks for your help!