Materials in visualisation

BRICK AND STONE MATERIALS

Hi while i appreciate that the materials in this group are ever growing.
There is range that has not been addressed yet which would be of huge benefit to the architectural and landscaping sectors namely brick and stone finishes

When doing drawings for clients. The ability to show that a wall is a brick work wall rather than just a colour or concrete would be a huge advantage to a large sector of your present client and most definitely your future client base. At the moment the only way to represent this that I’m aware of would be to individually build the brick wall with blocks. Time consuming and problematic for reworking
When in reality simply adding that finish at visualisation stage would be a huge advantage and offer massive time seduction

Within the one category of brick the ability to choose brick size and surface texture surface patten , followed by colour would be added advantages. But just to be able to represent a brick surface most definitely a first step in the right direction.

And I’m sure it would also give you an uplift in users that currently do not use platform because of of the lack of this feature

Any help would be appreciated

I was actually about to post this. The rendering feature was a game changer for me and my business. I am now transitioning into more interior design. The continuous implementation of new materials is extremely appreciated. Brick, random stone, various tiles, polished concrete would bring my rendering to a whole new level for sure. I am really apprehensive to spend the time to learn blender and bring all my models over there since the types of projects I’m working on do not necessarily require that level of photo-realism.

Not sure if it is worth starting a new thread, but if there were a way to keep photos in the visualization mode that would also help with some of the added detail in renderings. There are many instances where framed photos or mock-ups of TVs would translate much better if the photos were still viewable in visualization mode.

1 Like