McMasrer-Carr

What happened to being able to import models from McMaster-Carr? I use to grab fasteners from there to put in models or to subtract for threads and nothing I try to download works now. It’s been a while since I’ve needed to so maybe this is an old problem now, but I just encountered it.

Hi Roger, are having issues downloading the object from McMaster-Carr, or you not able to import the downloaded object from the app?

If the issue is that you are not able to import a file into the app please send the file to support@shapr3d.com.
We will look into it and then get back to you as soon as possible.

Not sure what to send you. It doesn’t matter what file I open (existing or new) or what I grab from McMaster the result is all the same.

I see - one specific one, would be very useful. I’ll investigate the issue in the meantime

Also, please try importing it in STEP - hopefully that works better than IGES.

I just tried it. No issues. https://share.icloud.com/photos/0Yc0rP6ULxm0EmqWKFkXkAW0A

I noted this happens when I dont use Safari on the IPAD.
I generally use chrome and found files saved from Chrome did not save correctly maybe.

Chrome was the problem. I never use Safari and for whatever reason I couldn’t load an IGES from Chrome any longer but it worked from Safari. Weird, but I’ll take it.