Missing arrows in sketch

When sketching lines, what happened to the arrows that use to be on the ends of your line so that you could drag them straight? And I use to be able to copy from the sketch, Now there is an extra step to copy, click move and then copy.

What happened?

1 Like

We had to change this flow a bit to align with some new features that we are working on. We keep adding new features to Shapr3D, and that sometimes requires us changing and tweaking existing workflows. I understand that this might be inconvenient for now, but the new features that this will eventually enable will worth the temporary inconvenience. On the other hand, you can still move vertically and horizontally sketches by dragging them and using the snap guides, without using the arrows.

Really missing those arrows. If I want to move a sketch or line by a precise amount, I can’t. For us here at work this is very unhelpful, any way we can go back to a previous version to get those arrows back?

You can select the objects you want to move, select “Move/Rotate”, the arrows pop up and then just tap the arrow and you can enter any dimension you want. It took me a couple of days to get used to it, but now it’s second nature.

1 Like

Thank you Jeremy!

I thought I was losing my mind. I gotta say that I also sorely miss those arrows. I spent 20 minutes figuring out what to google to find this answer.
Snapping to grid is not the same… especially for fine control when you want to keep the larger context. Using move/rotate doesn’t work for a point a line :frowning:
When will we see this promising new feature / upgrade?
Thanks

Using move/rotate doesn’t work for a point a line :frowning:

It should:

What issue do you have with it?

1 Like

Thank you @Laci_K !
Unless I have actually lost my mind, I think having to select Move/Rotate in Sketch Mode is new(?)
I was used to having the controls show up by default when selecting the point. I’m fine to have to select Move/Rotate. I had just not noticed that change. Phew! That’s a relief. Thank you very much for your reply.

1 Like