Mouse zoom (scroll wheel) is opposite to Sytem Preferences

That’s highly appreciated, but I can’t promise it. However, this is on the roadmap, and we plan to deliver it in 2022/Q3.

2 Likes

Sure, no promises. Thanks for the timeframe, anyway.

Put me down as a ‘Fusion 360 refugee’ looking for a new design program to call home that really needs this functionality.

Also: thanks for being active in these forums. I’m sure it’s not easy and can be a huge time sink, but we users love seeing participation from the decision-makers.

What could be more important than that? :slight_smile:

We’ve prioritized this issue and it’s coming very soon.

1 Like

For anyone who wants/needs this fixed NOW, I figured out a work around. It does involve buying another product, if you don’t already use it though.

I use steermouse to customize what my mouse buttons do. It also lets you set your scrolling functions as well. I set it to specifically reverse the scroll direction when using Shapr3D and it works like a charm.

SteerMouse is where you can get it.

It‘s February 2023. How soon is very soon? :wink:

1 Like

Thanks for that super quick reply. :star_struck:

But just after you posted the image, I realized that this toppic is NOT related to the iPad version, even though I googled just that. :weary:

So guess that feature is not yet implemented into Shapr3D for iPad Os?

Hi @BANNYY, it is implemented on all platforms. iPad: on the dashboard, open the Settings tab (or from an open workspace, look for the gear icon in the bottom right) and use the Navigation → Reverse Zoom Scroll Direction toggle.

1 Like

Hello, Isvtan. I am enjoying literally almost everything about my paid subscription. The only thing I’m not enjoying is the lack of choice in scrolling direction. The screenshot you posted shows a fix for scroll direction only for zooming. But the biggest directional problem is scroll direction on up/down (shift+two fingers). I tried out the fix, and yep, it doesn’t correct the problem with up/down. I’m desperate for a solution, as I cannot train my brain to use one scroll direction in literally all my other software, and the other direction in Shapr3D. Is there a solution that I missed? (New to the software, new to 3D modeling, so maybe I’ve misunderstood. )Thanks for any help.

Hi Istvan, actually, on my copy (up-to-date Shapr3D, up-to-date Ventura on a loaded MacBook Pro 2019), the fix you provided a screenshot of has no effect at all: It doesn’t change the up/down, left/right, or spin scroll direction. It doesn’t change the zoom two-finger direction. It doesn’t don anything at all that I can see. I exited and reopened the program and still no effect at all. Thanks for any help? Art.

P.S. [Edited]: I am using the MB Pro’s trackpad, not an external mouse. Thanks.

Hi @Art , it’s not possible to reverse the pinch gesture. Why do you want to reverse it?

Hi @Istvan . I never said that I wanted or needed to reverse any pinching motion.

Rather, I’m focused on an unresolved problem of lack of any control over the direction of scrolling using my Macbook Pro trackpad.

To be clear: When I make any directional gesture on my Macbook Pro trackpad, Shapr3D sends the object sailing in the opposite direction of my gesture – as my brain perceives it, anyway.

That is the opposite of how I’ve set all the rest of my apps on my Macbook to function: Apple allows the user to choose their preference in this regard – in my case, my brain cannot possibly manage well when objects seem to move in the opposite direction as my gestures, so I’ve set up my MacOS devices to move objects in what feels to me like the direction of my finger motion. Only Shapr3D overrules my Apple setting, deciding for me that it will send objects in what feels like the opposite direction of my finger’s gestures.

You seemed earlier to be saying that the checkbox in your screenshot fixes this. It is marked “Zoom: reverse scroll direction” (I didn’t include “Zoom” in its name – it was named that by Shapr3D.) Whatever that circled checkbox in your screenshot was designed to fix, I’m saying that on my Macbook Pro 2019, running current up-to-date Ventura… using that checkbox doesn’t allow me to solve the problem I’ve just described. Whether I check that box, or uncheck the box, Shapr3D always sends objects sailing in what feels like the opposite direction that my fingers are moving.

Hope that is clearer? Thanks for any help!

[Edit: I see where I mentioned zoom. I only did that to be clear that the checkbox seems to have no effects of any kind on my MacOS implementation. I wasn’t requesting it – just for sake of completeness, mentioning that the checkbox doesn’t do anything at all, so far as I could figure out. Since Shapr3D named it “Zoom:____”, I included the lack of any effect on zoom in case that was diagnostic. Thanks.]
Art.

I thought you mean the two finger pinch.

Do you have any accessibility settings enabled by any chance? I’ve just checked the “reverse scroll direction” setting, and it does change the scroll direction on my M1 Macbook Pro. Can you share a video recording of the issue?

Thanks, @Istvan ! I’ll check accessibility settings first, then later try to record an example. Is there anything in particular I’m looking for in accessibility settings? Thanks, A.

Any accessibility setting that might impact mouse behavior. We often see that similar issues arise when a user has a few accessibility features turned on in an unusual combination.

I understand, @Istvan .
No, nothing at all is different from default in accessibility settings.
And the only modification to trackpad behavior that I can see is that I’ve deselected the default of “natural scroll”. Thanks, A.

Yes, “Natural scroll” will reverse the scroll direction system wide. If you could share a video recording of what’s happening when you check the “Reverse scroll direction” under settings, that would be super helpful.

You bet. As an example I’ll DM you a clip of me making a rightward scroll gesture (i.e., holding down Shift wihle dragging two fingers from left to right on the trackpad) while my Shapr3D item moves left.

I’ll make sure to show that the behavior is the same with the “Zoom: Reverse Scroll Direction” either checked or unchecked…

If I can figure out how to DM. :slight_smile: Thanks for your help, Istvan. A.

1 Like