Need help creating these surfaces

I’ve recently started using shapr and love it a lot. With almost no experience in CAD I am learning new tricks every day and was able to model a few household items to fix things, however recently started working on a vase and there are two surfaces I can’t create nor find any mentions online.

The surface 1 (left) is this one which I have zero clue how to approach

The surface 2 is low-poly style sides. I assume I can model the round vase and then use any rectangle and subtract each edge manually, but is there a better way?

Will appreciate any advices :slight_smile:

Hi, after you create the vase
Insert a construction plane

• Sketch the checked box pattern or the pattern you want on the vase
  • Project the pattern on the vase using the project tool
  • Extrude the project sketch to get the design you want on the vase

Here’s our short great video on the project tool:

1 Like

@Victor_Shapr3D Hey Victor! Thanks for getting back.

I’ve spent the evening playing with project, but don’t think it is possible as when I project my pattern onto the vase pattern starts to skew where it rotates. Here is what I mean:

So I am not getting that geometric pattern. I’ve tried sketching the pattern on the projection of the vase to planar and then projecting it back from 4 angles (90-90-90-90) however there are still same artifacts on the corners.

Is there another way to achieve that?

Thanks in advance!

Hi, thanks for getting back to me.
@Drew made a video he posted on YouTube where he used a different approach of directly creating the pattern on the vase.
You could check it out to see if it works better:

2 Likes

Honored by the mention @Victor_Shapr3D :v:

@iamniks If you need help I can make a video in my spare time :man_shrugging: Although the second one as you said is pretty simple but tedious. The first one is laborious as well but mostly just repetitive stuff.

2 Likes

Thanks for that video, with this approach I definitely can do it!

@Drew amazing video, let me try first, I think you covered it pretty detailed for the first one:) It was mostly a logic exercise which I definitely failed :joy:

2 Likes

hello guys! how can I make something like this?

I designed this:

but I don’t know how to add these lines .
please help me thank you

Hey @mortezajorak,
Here is a possible solution: Loom | Free Screen & Video Recording Software | Loom

1 Like

Thank you for your fast reply!
that is great but what I need is exactly reversed of this.
Because insid of the objects should be empty.like this:

@mortezajorak, you can try this method then: https://www.loom.com/share/49fa642074b9473fa85512612687104f

1 Like

It’s working great.
Thank you.