New sketch layer located on an existing sketch layer

Hi shapr3D community, I want to add a new sketch layer on a 3D surface. On this surface is already a sketch layer. So it always jumps to the original sketch layer.
I want to create a new one, but I don‘t know how.
I tried to create a construction layer and create a sketch on it, but it always jumps back to the original sketch layer.

What do I do wrong?

Thank you!

Use the move tool to move the 1st sketch out of the way temporarily?

Hi all, attached you find a simplified example describing my problem. I created a sketch plane 01 at the y-z-plane containing a rectangle 10 x 10 mm.
With this I did an extrusion by 5 mm resulting in body 01.

I now want to add an additional sketch plane resulting in a new body at the y-z-plane without interfering to sketch plane 01 and body 01.

When I click on the surface of body 01 in the y-z-plane and create sketch, it jumps to sketch plane 01.
I also included a construction plane 01. When I click on it and select sketch, it also jumps to sketch plane 01.
Why does this happen?

And how can I solve this?

Thank you!

Try to hide sketch before selecting face. I don’t see such behaviour on last parametric version.

Hi, I tried this. Everytime I draw something new, the hidden sketch is made visible. There is also a notification about it.

I don’t know what I do wrong. Is there anything incorrect in the settings?

Thank you.

I think that’s standard behaviour in old version (not sure because haven’t seen it in real life). Parametric version is almost released so you can wait a little or try to install beta version right now.

Okay, I installed the beta version and as you said, it works.

So next question, how can I transfer my project from the standard shapr3D version to the beta version?
I am connected on both versions with my ID, but the projects are not synchronized.

Thank you.

Just save it as .shapr file in old version and open in new one.

I am using the free version. So this is unfortunately not available. So I need to wait for the official release…

Start free 7 day trial. You will have full access to all functions. You can cancel it before this 7 days end and not paying anything.

But who knows maybe you will like pro version enough to pay for it :slight_smile:

Thanks for the hint.
For my understanding, why is this not working with the old app, having two sketches on one surface?

I’m not a developer of that app so I don’t know why they made it this way.

1 Like