Oblivion Drone Project, WIP Started Today

Have you tried it in AR? :slight_smile:

It’s starting to get a bit dark outside, but I’ll try AR tomorrow when it’s brighter :+1:

1 Like

I went outside to try it Istvan, while there was some light left. But Shapr is freezing at this point. Tried it three times. I’ll wait until after work tomorrow and try again.

Yes, it takes some time to generate the AR preview. It’s most likely not frozen, it just takes a bit more time.

Thanks Istvan :+1:. I’ll have another go tomorrow and post results.

I thought I’d like to comment, I use Shapr3D for 3D printing and I was always astounded by it ease of use and versatility. It’s really clear however that the many amazing users are pushing Shapr to limits I simply cannot conceive of, including objects and scenarios that are presumably fictional but which blur the lines between the old world ideas of truth and fantasy. It’s becoming a tool of philosophy as well as art and my own prosaic practical level. Amazingly well done EVERYONE. It’s good to see excellent people really fly……

1 Like

Why does it take so much time to view it in AR?

The generation of textures for rendering in AR is computationally very expensive.

I went back out for a last try and the loading did complete after a few minutes. But then I got an error message.

Darn. The model is probably too detailed for iPadOS’ AR viewer.

In Cadmio it is almost instantaneously there if I switch to AR. I haven’t tried anything with so much detail though. :slightly_smiling_face:

It was worth trying all the same Istvan. Thanks for your help :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Probably their implementation is different. We are exporting to USDZ and using the USDZ file to preview in AR. Certainly there are more efficient ways to implement it.

@udokr The drone won’t open in AR in Cadmio either. It did early on but not now with so many parts and large file size.

But you can still use the exported USDZ file with other apps, like Adobe Substance or Keyshot, to create a raytraced render.

1 Like

Yes that’s my final goal Istvan. I’ll UV map it, add texture, displacement maps and send it to Keyshot in a custom made environment. For now, I’m delighted to be able to get so far in Shapr3D, a single app on iPad doing a complete and complex (to me) project from sketch stage right through to render.

I managed to get the AR to work in Cadmio. Very basic and short outdoor video clip here.

I’ll try again with Visualisations later.

3 Likes

Looks amazing!

1 Like

Thanks Yepher. I just discovered turntable and iMovie :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I doubt anyone would argue with a drone that’s illegally parked in a bus stop :sunglasses:

5 Likes