Offset face: cannot click dimension tag on iPad

Updated on my iPad today and cannot click on the dimension label to offset a face to a new dimension of the body. Instead my clicking with the pencil will choose the face of the body that lies behind the label. As if the label is not there.

best
Rainer

2 Likes

Hey Rainer,
Please enable the showing of Display Pencil and touches and send us a screen recording of the issue.

To enable the feature above, visit your iPad’s Settings, and scroll down to Shapr3D where you’ll find the feature.

Hey,

please find the recording attached here.

best
Rainer

1 Like

This is related to the change in function of the offset face tool that is present in the new update. Idk if it was an update to the tool or if it’s a bug.

1 Like

Hello Shapr-Team,
could you please make a statement that this is a bug that is taken care of now?
I am somewhat lost on hold for the moment and personally I´d like to know if I can do anything about it?

best
Rainer

1 Like

The change was introduced in the recent version of Shapr3D (5.550) with the development of upcoming features.

We read the feedback here in the forum and on our support channels as well, we are working on a solution.

2 Likes

Thank you for letting me know.

Update: No sooner did I post this, than it was fixed in an update that was waiting in the App Store.:heart:
WHEW! Glad to see it’s resolved. Let’s hope nothing else breaks in the next few weeks.

(Original post below)
Yeah this is a very serious problem for me right now as well. I was working with a client and an engineer via zoom the other day, sharing my iPad screen and suddenly I discovered that I couldn’t edit thicknesses of walls in the way I had been for years.
It was a very awkward moment for me.

I use that functionality CONSTANTLY in my work and I’m relying on Shapr3D heavily right now to complete the work for this client. I certainly hope you can fix this within the next day.