Organic shapes can anyone give guidance

Hope someone could help give guidance on how I should go about re creating one of my wood fired ovens in 3ds
Please see pic
For ref this oven is 1250 mm front to back
1080 at it’s widest point
It’s 1m across the front
And the chimney is 180
Mm

Hope someone can help with a process and method image image image

I would loft the shape, then cut the front part, shell the body, and apply a fillet on the front facing edges.

2 Likes

Thanks
In lofting can you apply multiple curves to follow
Or just the one

Jay Emery

As many as you like, Jay.

Here’s an example:

Thanks! I’ll start and see how I get on
No doubt ill need to ask for some more help

All Apreciated

Jay Emery

Here is one way to create this.
-Mike

4 Likes

Hi mike you did that so quickly any chance i can see you do that with whichever tools you used higlighted. This is how far i got but could not get splines to attach

Thanks

Hi gray is there any way you could show me how you achieved this with connecting splines etc would Ned to see the tool clicks. If i can

Jayemery,
I’ll put together a video for you later today. Busy, busy at the moment.
-Mike

Jayemery,
Here is the video you asked for. I used a spline to create 1/2 of the bell shape and did a Revolve.
Then I Extruded a half cylinder and used Scale to reduce one end. With both bodies I did a Union then Chamfered to create the additional curve. Then I recessed the igloo front and did a radius. Went to the underside and did a Shell and finally removed the inner igloo wall. The last thing was the hole at the top. Hope this helps. Let me know if any further questions.
-Mike

5 Likes

Thank you so much for doing that for me. Really appreciated.
Now i have to see if i can replicate and do my own ones
While referring to this video
You diamond you
Thanks

Hi mike you realy are a wiz and i apreciate the effort you wen to to do this vidio for me 2 yrs ago. I have a designer who has done a lot of work for me in solid works. And i have just imported his step file some 300mb and 6000 bodies into one drawing on shper 3 d. But as you can imagine its realy slow and crashes regularly so i would like to split it up. So the question is how do i select and isolate modles and save them to a new shaper 3D file Every time i try even though the bodies are isolated. It just copies the whole 300mb file its driving me crazy
I would also like to be able to select individual components of the main big drawing and open only those selected into a new shaper 3D drawing to work on seperatly
Please can you help me out. Thanks
Jay

Ps happy new year hope yopu have a great one

Try isolating and importing in x-t , it is parasolid, and wont copy hidden objects……….the shapr3d file is for backing up everything.

Thanks will give that a bash. Istavan sugested i do it as an x-t file but did not explain th reasoning i thought that it was the same as shapr file just different format.
Do you know of any way to copy an item in one drawing and paste it directly into a new drawing so that you can work on it in isolation without rendering having a 300mb file behind it or do you do the same prosess export in isolation x-t file save then open it from saved file ?

No. I just isolate what im working on, and then export in any file type (depending on use) other than Shapr3d. However, I backup everything in Shapr3d.

Thanks appreciated

Excellent & generous support! :man_teacher:

Thank you.
Love your dogs. Reminds me of Bennie and Jet (Kingsman: Golden Circle) :smiley:

Hi Jayemery,
I am new at Shapr3D. I am home sick today, but I swear I worked in this for 12 hours today, like nonstop. The long time was just because I did not really know where to begin, but I first used photoshop to straighten your images before importing and creating dimensional reference scales on the pictures.

I did this because I also need to learn more, and I used this exercise as a training tool. I tried tried hundreds of functions and made at least 10 ovens that were close, but not close enough. I was really trying to nail your shape down. I actually created one that was beautiful, but different.
This shape was wrong, but I liked it.

This last shape took me a long time to figure out, and I made the shape with the Intersect tool on the front side. It is not perfect, but I know how to do it now. I think I can make it now, but I am going to bed…

Tony

4 Likes

Hey tony.
Wow. Thanks you so much for this you must have thought me a total ignaramous for not replying. Truth is I’ve just seen this post having spent last couple of monthes working on trying to get van layouts and designs coming along.
So thank you for taking the time to do this for me. It is hugely appreciated
]you diamond you
We have found a way to do the shapes using rhino software which works on nurbs and pushing an pulling surfaces
So we have a workaround that we can import but i love this platform so much that i tend to do most of my cad work here.