Problem with negative extrusions in technical drawings

When extruding round holes in other round faces, the model appears fine. However, when it comes to dimensioning my drawing, I find that the circle now has multiple endpoints that I cannot remove.

This is the first time I have encountered this issue and I have tried numerous ways of working around it but have found non.

I love the app and this is the first time it’s caused me a serious issue.

It is making my current model impossible to dimension and put into production.

Please let me know if anyone else has encountered this issue or if there is a fix.

Many thanks,

Adam

Hello there! The bent curve you can see is the intersection of the round face and the extruded hole. The resulting edge, depending on the conditions, may not be circular from the side view as we can see in the attached picture.

In these cases, please apply the dimension between the walls of the hole, not the edge of it. You should not worry about the points as they will not be shown in the exported drawings, they are just guides to show what references can be used to apply a dimension.

I hope I could describe the cause, please feel free to correct me if I misunderstood you.

Thanks for the reply.

I explained badly. I have attached a screen recording to further show the issue.

I can certainly dimension as you suggest but not as I wish. I cannot dimension the feature at all in the top down view.

Hi @Bates! Thanks for the explanation, I see your point. The issue is around the chamfer, I could not see any issues until applying it. Does it work on your side without the chamfer?

Hi @KPeter! Sometimes it works on one side of the hole but not at the other. Without the chamfer there are less endpoints but invariably, the issue is persistent with negative extrusions.

Hey! It depends on the orientation of the sketch. Can you please send us some workspaces with this issue in a support ticket?

Hi @KPeter, I’ve just raised the ticket now.

Many thanks!

Got it! Thanks