Restaurant cabinet and shelf design. first project

I have been trying to learn shapr3D and have been pretty pleased with it for the most part. I do wish the sketching mode worked more similarly to Adobe illustrators shape and pen tool operations. My 10 years of muscle memory using illustrator has made learning the shapr3d workflow seem counterintuitive at first, but I think I am getting the hang of it! I modeled this project off of arch drawings as a way to help convey details to the fabrication shop. the 2D drawing capabilities will be HUGE for this once I learn the ins and outs.

Visualization features are very handy as well. the materials pallet is limited but Im sure that will develop with time. Having used Blender a little bit in the past spoiled me as far as visualization depth goes but I understand Blender and S3D are in two separate classes of products.

FEATURE REQUEST: as I have been working on this model I realized how incredible it would be for there to be material libraries that could be imported. This would allow companies who make material finished IRL like Wilsonart, Chemetal, Formica, et al to have their product listings reflected here to show accurate renderings for architectural clients who spec specific materials and finishes for their projects.

8 Likes