Revolve With an Angle? How did I do that?

First off, I did this and cannot figure out how I did it a few weeks later. I am trying to 3d print some numbers and I have 2 files - one I created a few weeks ago and one I did over the last weekend. I have determined that I like the one that has an angle of what I would call extrusion vs the rounded Revolve.

I tried to look for this in the help section and here on the forums for a few hours and then just thought I would ask - does anyone know how to create the number without the rounded part like is in the Revolve? I have attached the 2 examples - one with a straight or angled back number 5 that I can’t figure out what I did and one that I did a Revolve on and it has a curved back.

I would like to create a few more numbers with the straight or angled back of the number but I honestly cannot figure out what I did and how I did it - after hours of trying to recreate it - I am a foolish human :slight_smile:

You should be able to see the example in the first file I attached. I am only allowed to put one media file in per post being new so I only could do the angled 5 and not show the Revolve version

Any help would be great!

@netcaretaker Welcome to the forum :slightly_smiling_face:

This is how I approached it.

1 Like

Well, that works, different to how I remember I did it but who cares, I am moving forward :slight_smile:

Thanks!!!

Here’s another way.

2 Likes

Well, I now have done them both ways so thanks to both of you!

I am printing out samples of both to see how they look, whichever looks the best I will be using - thanks again.

@TigerMike - this is what i must have done in my example and how I got what the first version, I had no idea what I was doing and I guess I over thought it when I went back. I did learn a ton of other features though
:slight_smile:

Well done Mike :+1: