Robo remake

remaking an old model on shapr

I made this model ages ago and thought it would be good to remake it in shapr as an exercise then re-texture it in substance, just for fun

4 Likes

already looking better

9 Likes

What did you use last time to model, will be an interesting comparison.
I find shaor3d great for CAD type work, interested to see how it compares for arty stuff.

i just modeled it in max. It’s a really old model it made it more than 10 years a go, it’s from a dead project

Incredible work :ok_hand:

That’s an excellent reproduction in Shapr.

1 Like

Shapr is so great. For machinery it is the king. The only thing that kills me is the super high resolution mesh output. I wish there was some more intelligent way to reduce the redundant curvature in smaller objects, on output. But I can do it in post processing of the parametric mesh in other packages like blendr, so it’s not a deal breaker

1 Like

5 Likes

Looking good.

this is about 3 days work, using the old way it would have taken me 2 weeks to get to this point in the modelling, let alone texturing. The new tools are pretty revolutionary, especially for a sole operator like me

5 Likes

It’s progressing nicely.
Same questions as previous poster, ie how are you doing textures and rendering?

I use substance painter to extract edge maps and to make the main diffuse, in this case, then put it together in Max, rendering in Vray

4 Likes

6 Likes

Amazing work. That’s great progress in such a short time.

Always impressed with folks who can get such organic shapes inside this program, I really struggle with that.