Scaling entire project with new History feature

Adapting with the new History feature, I have come across an issue about having to rescale an entire project, that I started at the wrong scale. To note my projects are hobbies of modeling to miniature scale my visions in science fiction, fantasy, or even historic things, such as homes, ships, and the like. Perhaps one day when skilled enough I will actually 3d print some of them out. In any case, this particular project is reconstructing a German u-boat from a simple 2d diagram blueprints of one. I realized though that the scale needs to be four times bigger for my standard model scaling. Before it was easy to rescale the entire project at the same time as I didn’t keep the sketches afterwards. Now that it is tied to the bodies, the issue is only that the option to scale all sketches, pictures, and bodies, does not come up. I cannot do them separately either, as the sketches will change the bodies, and the sketches will become out of sync with the pictures. I did try to put all in the same folder to scale them together, but this did not work.

Can someone direct me to where I can find out, or tell me how scaling the entire project can be done?

PS I rather like to keep it in SHARP, not save it to another format and re-import it back it. I am currently still working on it, with the idea it will have more than one part to it.

Thank you,
Chrisanthea

Hi Chrisanthea,

I’m hoping I’ve understood this correctly. The problem I think you’re having is that scaling everything takes them out of alignment with one another.

First of all, can you not just box select everything and then use the scale option?

If not, can you pick a specific point, such as the origin or a corner of something and scale everything from that point individually?

This works for the resulting body, but not for the sketch. I would expect, to scale the sketch, which scales then the body, but i’m a new user coming from traditional CAD.
I am very interested in the solution of this problem, because i ran into the same issue with my first tryouts of Shapr3D.

I just had a little play around with it. I see that scaling the sketch results in the body being scaled only across the same plan as the sketch instead of all dimensions. You’d then have to go to the Extrusion in the history panel and times that by 4 too. This would obviously be a pain in the arse if the model is complex and you have to go through every stage.

I would recommend just scaling the body and hiding the initial sketch if you can get away with not needing it anymore.

Like many of us used to the old shapr this new version is taking some getting used to. Another option is to hide all the sketches then export your model, x_t, step, etc. Then open a new project and import it. That should bring it in with no associated sketches and scale as before now that there’s no associations. Unfortunately I don’t think this will also import your reference images. You can note the size of them in the old file, import them into the new, then match to old then scale.

Not an elegant solution, but a workaround.