Select multiple objects and group, move a complete group

Hello,

I did notice that functionality after I had written my comment. :confused:

However, one thing that I should state, and ultimately should be understood — is that if you do not create those groups, (it wasn’t entirely intuitive to do that,) the app creates ‘groups,’ and they are inconsistent, and do not include everything in the intended model. Nevertheless, you can remedy that in the ‘Groups’ widget; it’s just not that instinctive and takes a collection of extra steps.

Thank you for your answer, and I agree that it is both correct, and solves the issues about which I had exasperation.

Perhaps creating a lasso tool (Apple’s Metal 2 API has one), where the user places one finger on the Lasso/group tool icon; and uses the Apple Pencil to Lasso select, and individually select objects/geometry. As a matter of dialogue — perhaps then you can throw a dialogue exception to ask if you want to create a group, where you can choose to select/unselect each component, and then rename it.

That use case scenario is more efficient than the competitor(s) and would streamline the selection process. Additionally, it would prompt (new) designers being introduced to this app, “Best Practices” for creating groups, naming things correctly, and creating project workspaces, that can move into programs like Solidworks; software on the desktop able to can handle production prototypes and manufacturing prototypes.

Thank you for your answer, your dedication, and your willingness to interact with your users. Honestly, the service-and-support I receive here is better than any other place I’ve been - including Solidworks!

Kind Regards,

• David
1 Like