Shapr3D "Components"?

I’ve played around briefly on the beta to try and figure out how to do this and I’m not getting it. Does this feature have any documentation yet that I can look at?

You can create a copy just like in the live app.

I tried some and I think it’s still far from the real component functionality:

1. Set A as a component and copy the components B, C, D, E, F…
  2. When A is modified, B, C, D, E, etc. are modified simultaneously.
  3. Component nested component, combine several components into one component to form a folder structure, just like Sketch Up/Figma/Fusion360 does. (Even Photoshop’s smart object feature supports this)

The current history-based parametric modification looks like McNeel Rhino’s “record build history” feature. When the source component is modified, the copied project will be modified accordingly, but this is very unintuitive. There is no way to manage a huge library of components. Imagine if you were to design a chair, an elevator… When the amount of data increases, the current functionality is a disaster.

That’s correct, at the moment we don’t have assemblies in Shapr3D. It’s on our radar though.

1 Like

Will it be available in the latest beta version? This is an important basis for my purchase

This is the way

The only issue is they don’t auto update when you make changes to one instance. If you’re diligent in your naming of bodies and grouping of them, it shouldn’t take too long to replace them all.