Shapr3D Versions

I’m currently using version 5.580.6676.0, and I’m not interested in moving to parametric modeling. How can I prevent Shapr from automatically updating the next time I launch it? I am running Windows 10. Also, I have it installed on a virtual machine on the same laptop, and it just updated. How can I roll back?

I’m not saying there is anything wrong with parametric modeling. It’s just that the software right now does what I need, and I have way too many irons in the fire to start a new workflow.

I don’t think much will change in regards to your workflow, it just means you have the option to go back and change stuff if you want

1 Like

Well, this is what another user said:

"Without doubt, going from direct modeling without history to the new history based Shapr3D does take some learning (and breaking some old ways that can be deep in your memory muscle).

I suggest you just hide the sketches, and learn some new methods and workflow."

I just want to continue to use the current version. I would think there would be a way to have updating optional like other software packages.

Is automatic updates just a Windows problem? I can choose whether to update my iPad and Mac versions through the Apple App Store.

want to go back to the version before

1 Like

No, because this is the only software I have that does this. When I launch Shapr3D, it just says it’s going to update in the background. I don’t see a way to cancel it or prevent it.

My version 5.580.6676.0 #5f2e0d9c doesn’t update any reason why I can’t get the new version? I would like to learn it as I am just a learner for my hobbies. I have Win 10

OK I had to end up deleting my current version of both Shapr3d and the Beta to be able to download and install new version as my original main program wouldn’t update automatically. So hopefully I can now get on to learn what it is all about