Single face with Replace a face tool?

Hello,

First of all, Shapr3D is a very amazing. Thanks for that.
I recently found something strange that happens sometimes when I want to replace a face to another face.
Here are the screenshots:

As you can see, the alignement is wrong and I must use another way to align the two faces shown on the screenshots (creation of a plan from the reference face, creation of a rectangular drawing and then, cutting the other object with the rectangular).

Thanks for your help.
Vincent

Hi @Vincent, Can you please upload the workspace or send us at support@shapr3d.com? If you could also share a picture with us where the aligned surfaces are highlighted with different colors, that would be really helpful!

Hi Peter

Thanks for your answer.

I corrected my initial post because the issue is with replace face tool and not the align tool.
I sent by email my workspace with the issue.
Do you still need me to send you a picture with highlighted surfaces because I don’t see that when i make the operation.

Thanks
Vincent

Hi Vincent, thanks, I’ve received the file. Let me please answer you via email as discussing the issue publicly without any more details will look like a bad teaser :smiley: At the end, you can share the result if you feel so

As we discussed by email, the solution is to deactivate the option « over side » when using replace tool, because in my case, there were overlapping bodies. Thanks Peter!

1 Like