Sketch Plane Vs. Sketch in Items Drawer

I’m helping teach a digital fabrication where we recently switched to Shapr3D. While working through this tutorial, we noticed about half of the classes splines were not actually connecting to the sketches previously drawn, so you couldn’t move and shift things around like in the demo. We also noticed that the ones that didn’t work had automatically labeled the sketches in the item drawer as “Sketch Plane 01”, whereas the ones that worked were simply labeled “Sketch 01”. We tried looking into the difference, but couldn’t find anything. Here are videos from two separate machines, one where it works, and one where it doesn’t. Same operating system, and app version. If anyone can help, thanks a lot, we’re completely stumped.

Video of it working

Not working

Hi Erich,

We have partially rolled out parametric modeling for new users. Apparently half of your class was using parametric modeling and the other half did not. Very soon parametric modeling will be rolled out to everyone, then the workflow differences will disappear.

Thanks for the response Istvan! I wondered if that might be it, I had read it was a newer feature. Can you explain how the rest of the class could enroll in parametric modeling so we have a more uniform experience? Thanks again!

Hey @EricH, we are happy to enable the parametric modeling experience for all members of the classes.

Please let us know the email domain or the emails of the individuals at https://support.shapr3d.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

1 Like