Sketching/modeling problem. Finding the midpoint of an edge, etc.

I am designing a hanging planter, so this will be a hollow shape eventually. I started by making a nine sided polygon, and extruding it upward and outward. The planter will hang from the center point of three of the nine facets (like the one highlighted), and the center point of EACH of the nine facets needs to be extruded upward into a point, so that the top edge of the planter resembles a cartoon version of a crown: a series of points. When the centerpoint of the facet is extruded upward, it needs to stay in the same plane as the rest of the facet; not just go up vertically.
I’m guessing that this can’t be that hard, but I am a real newbie, and have not figured it out.
1. How do I locate the centerpoint of the top edge of the facets?
2. How do I move that Centerpoint upward, in the same plane as the rest of the facet, so that it makes the crown shape?
Second question: what to make of the series of symbols that are enclosed in a lozenge shape at the bottom right of my iMac screen? (shift, up-arrow, option, number 4, spacebar, delete, command etc. etc.)
I took a screenshot, but I don’t see where to attach it…
Thanks for helping a real newbie, it is much appreciated!

First problem: screenshot uploading. That will help us help you.

Duh! Thanks for the tip! I am leaving town to be with my daughter, who is giving birth, probably today! I will be back March 10.

Congrats! :birthday: :tada:

I am designing a hanging planter, so this will be a hollow shape eventually. I started by making a nine sided polygon, and extruding it upward and outward. The planter will hang from the center point of three of the nine facets (like the one highlighted), and the center point of EACH of the nine facets needs to be extruded upward into a point, so that the top edge of the planter resembles a cartoon version of a crown: a series of points. When the centerpoint of the facet is extruded upward, it needs to stay in the same plane as the rest of the facet; not just go up vertically.
I’m guessing that this can’t be that hard, but I am a real newbie, and have not figured it out.

1. How do I locate the centerpoint of the top edge of the facets?
  2. How do I move that Centerpoint upward, in the same plane as the rest of the facet, so that it makes the crown shape?
    Second question: what to make of the series of symbols that are enclosed in a lozenge shape at the bottom right of my iMac screen? (shift, up-arrow, option, number 4, spacebar, delete, command etc. etc.)

Thanks for helping a real newbie, it is much appreciated!
Screenshot 2024-03-11 at 11.04.39 PM
Screenshot 2024-03-11 at 11.06.54 PM

If you select the edge, shapr will tell you it’s length at the bottom of you screen. This can help find the center. Further you can choose the top face of a facet and select sketch and that can help you find the midpoint. As for your crown parts, you can choose a facet and sketch on it to make your desired attachment point, rotate/copy to the other 2 facets and then boolean add them to the facets.