Slow & laggy

I have a macbook pro m3 max. But this app is lagging when my drawings get semi complex. I really love the simplicity of the program but its been hell working on shapr. Are there settings or something I can do to make things faster?

Hi Abe,

You could try closing all other apps when your drawing becomes slow and sluggish. I have also closed the app, then restarted, which seems to help.
Drawings with large amounts of sketches causes sluggishness. The more you reduce the lines, dots, (sketches) the better the app works.

I’m running a MBP on an Intel i9 with 16gb of ram and 4gb GPU. I also bought an external 4gb GPU to help. Without the external GPU the MBP becomes really sluggish in large sized drawings.*M series chips will not work with external GPU’s.

What size GPU are you having in your M3 max, 30 core? Looks like thats the smallest size you can buy. You would think this would be more than enough?

If you have sketches which don’t have to be on the same plane, it’s best if you separate them into multiple sketches, e.g. create a construction plane and offset it a bit from the default plane. It will help a lot.

We also have plans to improve sketching further once the parametric version is out.

1 Like

I will put this out there that when I give mac specs, i have trouble understanding apple’s new architecture with regards to their processors and so on.

its 40 core with 32g ram, its a 6000$ laptop lol. ive run very complex graphical works on this laptop no problem but then I get to shapr and it’s just slow. Its definately a software problem, not hardware. Probably my fault for jumping the gun and purchasing a full year without really testing it’s capabilities.

Can you share a problematic design?

1 Like