Incredible, love it. :clap:

4 Likes

Uploading: test026F.pngā€¦

12 Likes

13 Likes

Nice! Thanks for sharing.

Best,

Tommy

those vertical light bars will eventually be bank of lights on an armature, in case you were wondering

5 Likes

6 Likes

7 Likes

apart form the sci-fi crates, which I got from a kitbash collection, the whole thing was modelled in shapr3d. Love this program!

8 Likes

Amazing work!

okay thatā€™s it, the enviromentā€™s built, so now on to animation.

Took me a few weeks instead of months, couldnā€™t have done it without this software. I am a massive convert. Shapr needs to push hard to get itself in front of the game/designer community, it could easily become THE hard body modeller, totally displacing all rivals. Organic/creature stuff will still be dominated by zbrush, but for vehicles, weapons, tech etc, this is the fastest, best-designed modelling software Iā€™ve EVER USED, hands down.

17 Likes

Woah, this is awesome :clap:

What do you think, whatā€™s the best way to reach the game designer hard body modeling community?

4 Likes

Very nice to see that it can handle this complexity!

To get the attention of the game design community?
This may controversial, however, if you focus on the iPad with modeling, texturing, and rendering that is of superb quality, it will garner the attention in the community that is currently unmatched on such a device.
Because of Shapr3D, the experience of modeling on the iPad is better than on desktop in many ways.
Work with importing / exporting assets compatible with Unreal Engine, Unity, Zbrush, Blender, etc.
If possible, share the Shapr3D file format as plugins for the software used in the community (mentioned above - including non 3D iPad apps like Affinity Designer, Affinity Photo, Procreate and Luma Fusion). Youā€™ll definitely get attention, and I canā€™t wait.

5 Likes

those are good suggestions.

I donā€™t pretend to be an expert on games or marketing or anything like that, Iā€™m just enthused by this ap because I personally like it allot and I am about to start getting into unreal in a big way, and this is perfect for building all the assets Iā€™m going to need. However my background is more in film design, if you talk to a game guy, he will probably have some needs specific to the their pipeline. For example, a more sophisticated rarefication tool for reducing the vertex count intelligently without sacrificing to much detail when objects are output to polygons? Currently I take it into blender to decimate it, max sucks at that kind of thing.

I donā€™t think that the triangulated mesh that parametric programs output is a big problem for games, but it might be for film. Film assets often need to be in clean quads, so the renderer can endlessly subdivide them if the camera approaches closer. However, I still think this would be an awesome rapid rough-out tool for film/TV too, there would just need to be a tedious conversion process to quads later, to create the final assets. But hey, that could be the 3D departmentā€™s problem, not design :slight_smile:

Anyway, maybe if you talk to game specific people they will say modellers like modo have tools better suited to what they need, Iā€™m just going off my own experience, I have been very impressed by shapr

3 Likes

Iā€™m a teenager new to design and 3d modeling, and your work has been suuuuper inspiring and motivating to my interests in robotics and aerospace. I saw that you use vray for rendering- Iā€™m very new to this and Iā€™m still discovering even the most popular softwares- but I wanted to ask your opinion on blendr as a free alternative to vray. Would that software be able to render reasonably well like vray does? And do you know of any good simulation software for testing? I want to experiment for some passion projects and to just have some fun, but Iā€™m still not sure what software I need to use. I use macOS and iPadOS for specificity.

1 Like

I donā€™t know blender well but I would say definitely get into that first if youā€™re new since itā€™s free, itā€™s very good and has a big community. Also it works on mac OS.

You can use multiple renderers with blender, some are free, all can get great results. I would advise doing some research, focusing on ONE renderer, really learning it how it thinks, and you will be able to make it perform. One very important tip: research wide gamut color, specifically ACE and how/if it works in your chosen renderer. Itā€™s allot more dicking around with LUTs etc, but if you render in a wide gamut format, thatā€™s when you get the really beautiful, filmic results.

anyway, literally anything you will ever need to know is on youtube

4 Likes

I donā€™t know how it handles it on a pad, but on a high end workstation itā€™s flawless. I havenā€™t been able to slow it down yet.

2 Likes

sorry, itā€™s called ā€˜AECSā€™ not ā€˜ACEā€™ spell correct

2 Likes

Really great tip for standing back and not getting bogged down in work flow. Do you draw right to screen or print off and work on paper?

1 Like