Spaceship enviroment I'm building

Blender actually does a good job of converting to tris to quads. Some hand editing on more organic shapes is need. I exported an organic design from Oculus’ Gravity Sketch to Blender. Then to print. The outcome was worth the effort.

I use ZBrush to convert to quads. ZBrush has several ways to get a perfectly clean quad layout on any model.

1 Like

This is amazing work and gives off a very Star Citizen vibe (and I mean that in a good way! :))

I used Shapr a long time ago when it first came out but never really had much time to invest in it. But I do recall thinking that it was the easiest tool for hard-surface modelling that I had ever used (and I tested it on an iPad). One question though, can you organize your 3D model into components with Shapr? I assume so. I need to refamiliarize myself with the program as I really want to design some starships and buildings for 3D printing.

Thanks again for posting all of this. Very inspirational!

thanks! what do you mean by components, different objects? Yes that’s pretty much how it works, everything is either a shape or a closed solid object that you can organise into folders. When you output to .stl and take it into another 3d package like blendr or max, it all comes in as one big object, then you break it apart and organise it there.

1 Like

Yes, I was referring to whether various objects could be created separately and organized into layers/folders. That’s great, thx!